Professional Member ($149)
Professional Members with a Current SHRM Membership pay $135
Current or previous Human Resource Practitioners whose career focus/focused on managing human resources functions while working either in an HR department, managing HR functions or an academic institution. Individuals who are engaged in the profession of human resource management and who meet one of the following criteria:
- Position responsibilities and work time is/was spent managing human resource activities
- Are currently certified through the Human Resource Certification Institute or the Society for Human Resource Management
- Are attorneys with at least three years’ experience in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession
- Are consultants with at least three years of experience as a practitioner in human resource management
- Academicians at the post-secondary level whose course-load is in human resources-related areas
- Placement and/or Career Service Professionals employed by an academic institution
- Retired Human Resource professionals
Professional members may vote and hold office in the association. Only Professional members may hold the office of President and President Elect.
Partner Member ($249)
Persons who do not meet the qualifications of the other classes of membership but can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the organization, a bona fide interest in human resource management and in the purpose of the group. This includes those members who are affiliated with a company that offers and/or sells a human resource related product and/or service for profit to the corporate Human Resource or business community. Partners are limited to 20% of the total membership. Members of this class have the right to vote and hold office in the Association; however, partners may not hold the office of President or President Elect.
Student Member ($25)
Individuals must meet the following criteria:
- enrolled either as full-time or part-time students
- enrolled in the equivalent of at least six credit hours
- able to provide verification of a demonstrated emphasis in human resource management subjects (part of the HR body of knowledge)
- able to provide verification of the college or university’s human resources or related degree program.
Individuals eligible for Professional membership cannot apply for Student membership. Student members may not vote and may not hold office in the Chapter.
Select Your Membership Type