Get Involved With SAHRA’s 2020 Spring Mentor Program
Whether you’re looking to refine, refresh, or reinvent your career, the SAHRA 2020 Spring Session Mentoring Program has something to offer you.
Let’s count down the top 7 reasons you should attend:
#7. We do all the hard work for you – By matching the right mentors with the right mentees.
#6. Develop leadership skills - Add mentoring, coaching, feedback and effective meeting management skills to your resume.
#5. Enhance your network of HR professionals – Build a broad, collegiate network of local HR professionals.
#4. Knowledge Sharing - Learn the best practices across a variety of HR disciplines.
#3. Increase your likelihood of career promotions, new job prospects etc.– This program just might be THE BIG LEAP over obstacles standing in the way of your career success.
#2. Earn credits - towards PHR/SPHR and the new SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP recertification.
#1. It’s FREE – What are you still waiting for? Sign up today!
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIREMENTS:
The monthly time commitment for the mentoring program is three to five hours per month, which includes participation in monthly group mentoring meetings and regular interaction (i.e. phone, e-mail, or in-person) with your mentor/mentee.
There will be a total of 4 group meetings throughout the Spring 2020 session.
• Thursday, February 13, 2020 – Kickoff Meeting
• Thursday, March 12, 2020 – Group Meeting #1
• Thursday, April 16, 2020 – Group Meeting #2
•Thursday, May 14, 2020 – Final Meeting
In order to participate in the program, you must:
- Be a current SAHRA member and maintain membership for the duration of the mentoring program
- Plan to remain actively involved in a Human Resources capacity for the entire duration of the program
- Commit to a minimum number of meetings
Minimum requirements to be an SAHRA Mentor:
- 5+ years in the HR profession (3 yrs. must be in an exempt role)
- Passion for the advancement of the HR Profession
- Demonstrated experience in progressive HR disciplines/responsibilities/leadership
- Professional certification desired (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
- Previous mentor experience a plus
Minimum requirements to be an SAHRA Mentee:
- Currently employed in an HR role or in transition seeking a role in HR
- Focused/determined on a long-term career in HR
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor or a Mentee, please register to attend the Kickoff Meeting.