- Career Management
- Members Only
SAHRA & Women’s Empowerment
Partnering To Help Change Lives.
Women’s Empowerment (WE) is a Sacramento nonprofit that focuses on educating and empowering homeless women by arming them with the skills, confidence and emotional support needed to obtain employment, secure housing for themselves and their families, and create a healthy lifestyle.
WE offers 4 sessions per year, with each forming a graduating class of 15-30 women. In 2017, 92% of its graduates, regained safe housing and 77% secured employment or enrolled in school or training.
WE credits much of its enormous and continued great success to the many generous donors, supporters and volunteers, like SAHRA, that come together to serve these women in need, year after year. The women are provided with a career wardrobe, job-readiness training and computer training. For years, SAHRA volunteers have participated in providing resume building/mock interview workshops and mentorship/enrichment classes.
High quality childcare is provided in the facility’s Childcare Development Center where the children get hot meals and can feel safe and loved. This gives their mothers comfort and peace of mind while they focus on the hard work each day to achieve a life-changing experience for themselves and their families.
This year, SAHRA will be continuing its partnership with Women’s Empowerment, but is also committed to do even more by actively working to help WE by:
1. Coordinating monthly donation drives where SAHRA members can donate much needed items directly to Women’s Empowerment.
2. Providing volunteer opportunities for SAHRA members to donate their time, love and energy at the Women’s Empowerment Center, where they participate in activities such as resume/interview workshops, helping with childcare and working the clothing closet.
3. Encouraging Sacramento employers to consider hiring WE graduates (an untapped talent pool that has traditionally been shut out of our local labor market).
SAHRA Monthly Donation Drive
For SAHRA members and/or employers that are unable to donate their time, we are coordinating monthly donation drives. In the given months below, you can donate the following items at any SAHRA event or one of our participating drop off locations.
· SAHRA office at 1800 J Street, Sacramento
· Pacific Staffing at 855 Howe Ave, Sacramento
· Any upcoming SAHRA event
SAHRA Volunteer Opportunities at Women’s Empowerment
To view upcoming volunteer opportunities, such as resume workshops, mock interviews and mentorship/enrichment classes, click here: https://www.sahra.org/page/2019VC. For more information on volunteering, contact Bryan Hawkins at email@example.com
Sacramento Employers Interested In Hiring WE Graduates