Calling all SAHRA Members
We have some great volunteer opportunities!
SAHRA Secretary& Volunteer Coordinator
Would you like to make a difference? SAHRA is always looking for volunteers to donate time, energy and experience to make our community and our Association a better place! To volunteer, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Questions? Contact Bryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Services Committee
Membership Committee Goal: To increase member retention through outreach (calls, social media, emails) & engagement activities. To respond to analytics; anticipate and compensate for seasonal shifts in membership.
Member Services activities currently performed:
- Conduct new member orientations
- Provide engagement activity for mixers
- Member outreach
- Newsletter contributions
- Utilize budget for incentives such as: referrals, recurring payment, etc.
Member Services activities proposed for 2020:
- Membership table at each meeting
- Incentives for:
- Signing up for recurring payments
Professional Development Committee
- Focus Areas
- Identifying speaker topics based on membership feedback
- Feedback forms at end of each presentation
- Additional phone follow-up with “influencers” in attendance to get clear and complete info
- Level of information delivery needed – introductory, expert, implementation tips…
- Develop “roster” of speakers with diverse topic backgrounds
- Preview presentation prior to invitation to present to SAHRA members – attend and event where it is presented
- Rating system that is consistent for use by all volunteers
- Work with Conference team to get info on best attended/rated sessions and speaker rating info – would we want to invite them back?
- Establish annual “cascade” of topics
- Work with Conference team to avoid direct overlap, but maybe springboard on some of these topics
- Ensure Legal conference topics and annual legal training are not replicated, but possibly expand on well-received / highly engaging topics
- Ensure that each topic is applicable to various skill levels of HR practitioners as well as being appropriate for varied size and industry workforces
- Work with staff on rotation of meetings – pre-plan so we can announce a full schedule early
- Breakfast/lunch meetings
- Different geographic areas
- Develop/maintain on-going tracking of meeting results to find trends
- Location/date/timing of meeting
- Attendance levels
- Feedback from membership
- Who / How Many / Commitment
- 2-3 HR practitioners with speaker / presenter connections in the market area
- Must have ability to assess and communicate speaker skills / style / applicability of information to SAHRA members
- Must attend quarterly Membership meetings
- Willing to attend presentations in advance to assess – if rotated through group, likely commitment would be 5-6 hours/quarter
- Possibly 3-4 hours needed in Oct/Nov to plan following year’s topic cascade
Women's Empowerment Volunteer Opportunities
Women's Empowerment is ending homelessness, one woman and one family at a time! Women's Empowerment relies on the support of SAHRA member volunteers. Click here to learn more about Women's Empowerment, and view the current volunteer opportunities below.
Job-Seeking-Skills Volunteer Opportunities: As a Job-Seeking-Skills volunteer, you will work through the course curriculum with Session 79 students, under the guidance of our program team.
Action Plans – Tuesday 8/4 - 9:15 am - 10:30 am – 3 Virtual Volunteers Needed
Interested in volunteering? Complete the form below.
Questions? Contact Bryan at email@example.com