February 13, 2019 – Mentor Program Orientation and Mixer Event
Get Involved With SAHRA’s 2019 Spring Mentor Program
We are currently at capacity for mentees, and are now only seeking additional mentors.
Whether you’re looking to refine, refresh, or reinvent your career, the SAHRA 2019 Spring Session Mentoring Program has something to offer you.
Let’s count down the top 7 reasons you should attend:
#7. We do all the hard work for you – By matching the right mentors with the right mentees.
#6. Develop leadership skills - Add mentoring, coaching, feedback and effective meeting management skills to your resume.
#5. Enhance your network of HR professionals – Build a broad, collegiate network of local HR professionals.
#4. Knowledge Sharing - Learn the best practices across a variety of HR disciplines.
#3. Increase your likelihood of career promotions, new job prospects etc.– This program just might be THE BIG LEAP over obstacles standing in the way of your career success.
#2. Earn credits - towards PHR/SPHR and the new SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP recertification.
#1. It’s FREE – What are you still waiting for? Sign up today!
TIME COMMITMENT REQUIREMENTS:
The monthly time commitment for the mentoring program is three to five hours per month, which includes participation in monthly group mentoring meetings and regular interaction (i.e. phone, e-mail, or in-person) with your mentor/mentee.
There will be a total of 4 group meetings throughout the Spring 2019 session.
• Wednesday, February 13, 2019 – Kickoff Meeting
• Wednesday, March 13, 2019 – Group Meeting #1
• Wednesday, April 10, 2019 – Group Meeting #2
•Wednesday, May 8, 2018 – Final Meeting
In order to participate in the program, you must:
- Be a current SAHRA member and maintain membership for the duration of the mentoring program
- Plan to remain actively involved in a Human Resources capacity for the entire duration of the program
- Commit to a minimum number of meetings
Minimum requirements to be an SAHRA Mentor:
- 5+ years in the HR profession (3 yrs. must be in an exempt role)
- Passion for the advancement of the HR Profession
- Demonstrated experience in progressive HR disciplines/responsibilities/leadership
- Professional certification desired (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
- Previous mentor experience a plus
If you are interested in becoming a Mentor, please register to attend the Kickoff Meeting.
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
10901 Gold Center Drive – Room #102
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670