Join us for the 2014 SAHRA Conference!Registration for this year's conference is now live! The mission of the Sacramento Area Human Resource Association (SAHRA) is to inspire, engage and develop HR professionals. Through the annual conference, SAHRA is fulfilling their mission by allowing attendees to network, learn about products and services from exhibitors and stay current to the industry during the educational sessions.
Learn more and register today!
Meet our Speakers
- Dan Thurmon is the author of two books, a renowned speaker, and a recognized expert in delivering peak performances – on stage and in the workplace. As president of Motivation Works, Inc., he has worked with hundreds of clients and delivered thousands of presentations worldwide. Dan helps organizations and individuals implement actions plans and move confidently through transitions.
- Dr. N. Elizabeth Fried, author, consultant, and executive coach, has been president of N. E. Fried and Associates, Inc. since 1983. Ranked by CoachingGurus.net in 2012 for three years running as one of world’s top 15 most influential coaches in the world, she has contributed chapters to Coaching for Success (2009) and Extreme Excellence (2008) as well as authored two books focused on human resources. Fried received her Ph.D. from The Ohio State University and is serving her second term as the president of the San Diego Professional Coaches Alliance.
- Craig B. Clayton, Sr., is the founder and CEO of iNSPIRAR Technologies & Consulting. He also recently launched the Equitable Workplace Institute an eLearning Platform Designed to provide organizations with access to training and professional development tools. In 2003 he formed the Spartacus Group, a Global Diversity & Consulting Firm based in Humble, Texas. He specializes in providing organizations with executive strategies and business practices that create measurable processes that improve employee performance, productivity and profitability through creating culturally competent leaders, managers and organizations.
- Cricket Buchler is a Master Certified Trainer and speaker in Crucial Conversations®, Crucial Accountability™, and Influencer Training®. She has extensive international experience introducing these and other crucial skills to audiences in countries including India, Scotland, England, Brazil, Canada, United Arab Emirates, and the U.S. In addition, Cricket develops and delivers workshops designed to help individuals and teams explore and achieve personal change by mastering the skills of goal setting and group accountability.
- Jeanette Monahan has over 25 years of successful experience as an internal and external consultant with customers in international manufacturing, health care, public utilities, municipalities, law enforcement agencies, and state government. Her expertise includes: Lean manufacturing and methods for continuous improvement, organizational development, management development, coaching for individual or team excellent, creative approaches to group process and problem solving, training of trainers, and conducting large scale systems change designed to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Jerry J. Deschler, Jr. is an attorney in the Sacramento, California office of Jackson Lewis LLP. Mr. Deschler represents management in employment law and related litigation, including cases involving wrongful termination, reductions in force, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, wage and hour, and other labor and employment-related actions. Mr. Deschler practices before the state and federal courts in California, the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. Mr. Deschler has successfully obtained complete summary judgment of cases as well as successful summary adjudication of individual claims and claims for punitive damages.
- Lauraine Bifulco, President, Vantaggio HR Two themes are woven throughout Lauraine Bifulco's diverse career: a passion for a job well done and a zest for continual learning and improvement. Lauraine infuses Vantaggio HR with these qualities every day. When she founded the firm in 1994, Lauraine combined her rare talent in understanding what a client needs and her gift of business foresight to create a company that can service the HR and management consulting needs of small and large companies equally well. Today Vantaggio serves clients across the country from their offices in Southern California, Hawaii, and Florida.
- Jennifer Green, Principal Consultant & Founder, Green Global Resources Jennifer is uniquely “specialized as a generalist” in strategic global total rewards/recognition and organizational development: mergers &acquisitions integration, change leadership, organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and goal alignment, contextual leadership coaching, and more. Her career has covered small to mid-size public and pre-public to global Fortune 50 – 100 companies in high-tech, life science, and health insurance industries. Ms. Green is highly proficient at cultivating strong, collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders to effectively plan and execute solutions to organizational effectiveness challenges. She has a cadre of “A” player experts that provide services to client projects in all facets of human resources, including leadership assessment and development, training, talent acquisition, and talent management.
- Jennifer Shaw, Attorney/partner, Shaw Valenza LLP provides regular advice and counsel on workplace issues to various private and public sector employers throughout the country. Jennifer offers considerable expertise in conducting neutral internal investigations for employers. In addition to regularly training and advising clients on this important topic, she personally conducts a number of investigations each year for private and public employers. Named by Northern California Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in California every year since 2009, Jennifer is a frequent speaker on employment law topics, and has been a guest on CNN and local television and radio.
Dennis Wade is principal of People Development Systems. His 20+ years as an adult educator and his ten years with Intel Corporation helped prepare him to provide employee development services.
Leadership, team development, management skills, customer service, and on-the-job training programs are some of his areas of expertise.
He has several certifications including Robert Mager’s Criterion-Referenced Instruction, Jeff Nelson's Expert OJT, William Bridges’ Transition Management, and Achieve Global’s Trainer Excellence & Organization Effectiveness.
- Michelle Neujahr, motivational Speaker & Business Coach With more than two decades of experience as a motivational speaker, Michelle has given over 2,000 presentations to audiences across the country. As an expert in Business Renovation, Michelle’s programs are designed to challenge organizations and individuals to renovate [reinvigorate, refresh, revive their lives and organizations. Attendees are challenged to create new opportunities, revive their potential and reinvigorate their passion.
- Alden J. Parker is a shareholder in the firm’s Labor and Employment and Litigation groups. Prior to joining Weintraub Tobin, Alden was the former founding partner of a California employment law firm, as well as an attorney with a national labor and employment firm. Alden represents employers in a broad range of employment law and labor relations matters. His representation includes employment litigation, class action defense, defense against NLRB charges, maintaining union free workplaces, and advice and counsel. Alden has represented many industries throughout California. However, he regularly works with the restaurant, retail and transportation industries on the various unique employment issues they face. Alden is also a frequent speaker for many human resources organizations, including those affiliated with the Society for Human Resources Management.
- Dianne Durkin President and Founder of Loyalty Factor, Dianne Durkin has over 25 years of experience in finance, direct sales, international marketing and training and development. She has held Vice President of Marketing and Presidential positions with companies like Gulf Oil, Digital Equipment Corp, Corporate Branding Partnership and ASTEA International. She has also founded and sold two companies. Dianne has built a reputation as one who can quickly assess the core issues within a company and outline their impact on the organization and its profits, productivity and people. Dianne’s combination of executive management and entrepreneurial skills has proven very beneficial in helping major corporations and small enterprises achieve maximum results.
- Josh Nisbet serves as a Vice President representing CGI to clients and partners in state and local government. In his current role, Josh leads CGI’s team of sales executives in the Western US, and is responsible for sales and marketing across all of CGI’s solution offerings in that region. The balance of his career has focused on health and human services, tax, and financial solutions. He is also active on the national level, representing CGI as a director on national industry boards such as the National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO) and TechAmerica. Prior to his four years with CGI, Josh spent 13 years at IBM in various sales leadership capacities within the public sector industry. Josh has a passion for linking teams, building relationships, and matching the challenges of government service delivery with successful business solutions. Actively involved in the communities of the Greater Sacramento region, Josh also directs a local youth sports league, coaches youth basketball, volunteers in several charity organizations, and sings in a rock band. No kidding.
Have Questions About SHRM Certification
- Join This Call for Answers
From many of the conversations and comments regarding SHRM's Certification, it is apparent that members may not have received the information they need. As an effort to help support members, we want to offer additional Certification phone calls to all chapter members during several dates in August. These phone calls will follow a similar pattern to our previous calls, where we will offer information and then address any questions asked by the group.
Click here for a list of dates and call in information.
Join us at the 4th annual CareerGPS student career exploration event!
CareerGPS is the Largest Career Exploration Event in California, last year it reached over 7,000 student participants over the two day event! This is a terrific volunteer opportunity to represent SAHRA by promoting an HR career at the SAHRA table or being an ambassador onsite to offer assistance or guidance. If you are interested in helping out at a great event that provides career exploration to our future workforce, this is the place for you to be on September 24 & 25, 2014 at Cal Expo!
2014 Conference Keynote Presenter!
Dan Thurmon - President of Motivation Works, Inc.
SARHA is excited to share this year’s keynote presenter is peak performance coach and work/life balance expert Dan Thurmon, president of Motivation Works, Inc. Dan is the author of Off Balance on Purpose and provides an exciting, entertaining, engaging and exhausting high energy presentation on taking action and making a positive change in your work/life balance! Take a peek at what’s in store for you in September!
Volunteer CornerSAHRA Volunteers Needed
It’s not too late to set your 2014 New Year’s Resolution…how about getting involved with your HR Community!
Are you looking for a way to get involved with SAHRA and lend a helping hand? We’re always looking for volunteers. Here are a few specific areas that need assistance. If you’re interested in any of the following, feel free to reach out to the contact directly. You may also
contact me if you have any questions or other interests. Thank you!
Robin Nelson, PHR
2014 SAHRA Secretary & Volunteer Coordinator